(secrets to achieve any goal)
If you’re not happy with your body then your workouts may have lost focus.
What is your immediate goal?
If you don’t have a ready answer then chances are good that your motivation is low and it has resulted in a lack of results.
I know from firsthand experience that operating without a goal will get you nowhere. Sure, you may still be exercising regularly and eating mindfully but without that concrete goal your efforts will get little results.
You want to be in “better shape” but that’s so vague. Dig deeper.
What specifically do you wish you had now that you don’t?
- To drop 3 dress sizes.
- To lose 2 inches of arm fat jiggle.
- To melt 4 inches from your waist.
- To be able to run 3 miles without stopping.
2. Define your timeline
Now that you’ve determined exactly what part of your body isn’t up to par, tie that goal in with a specific timeline. When you have a timeline to measure your progress against, you’ll find that achieving your goal becomes an easier process.
- To drop 3 dress sizes by August 20th vacation.
- To lose 2 inches of arm fat jiggle by October 13th wedding.
- To melt 4 inches from your waist by July 7th pool party.
- To be able to run 3 miles without stopping by June 16th city 5k.
3. Name your prize
It’s time to take your motivation to the next level. Now that your specific goal is set and your timeline is clearly defined, let’s add a prize that you’ll receive once you’ve accomplished your goal. This prize shouldn’t be anything related to your unhealthy habits – so no junk food or extra large meals. Make the prize an item that will reinforce your slimmer body, like a nice piece of clothing.
- A couple new outfits for your August vacation.
- A sleeveless dress for the October wedding.
- A new swimsuit for your July pool party.
- A new pair of running shoes for your June 5k.
4. Picture it
You know what you want, when you want it by, and the reward you’ll get by achieving it. Now spend time picturing your end goal. Find a comfortable, quiet corner, close your eyes and see a mental movie – starring yourself – enjoying your reward with your new and improved body. Play your mental success movie several times throughout the day.
- See yourself enjoying an afternoon of your vacation, wearing your new clothes with confidence.
- Imagine how you’ll feel walking down the aisle baring your toned arms.
- See yourself lounging by the pool in your swimsuit, carefree and happy.
- Imagine the feeling of accomplishment you’ll feel as you cross the finish line.
5. Recipe for success
The steps that you’ve taken above have prepared you to mentally take on the challenge of motivating yourself through this transformation process. All that remains is a solid exercise and nutrition plan to push you through to your new body.
This is where I come in.
I’m serious about propelling each and every one of my clients through their own personal body transformation.
Call or email today and I’ll get you started on a program that will make your goals a reality.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.